Dutch English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides cost-free food assistance to families and individuals in need. The TEFAP is coordinated by local NH Community Action Agencies. TEFAP distributes donated items to local community organizations such as food pantries, soup kitchens, and homeless shelters. Families and individuals in need of food assistance should contact their local Community Action Agency to find a local feeding organization.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Ages Served: Children, Adults, Elderly
  • Income Guidelines: 185% of Federal Poverty Level
  • Geographic Area: NH
  • Program Cost: None

Fast Facts

  • If you are in need of food assistance, please contact your local Community Action Agency
  • Community Action Agencies receive and provide USDA donated commodities to local feeding organizations in every county in NH throughout the year
  • Your local Community Action Agency will help you locate a community feeding organization near you
  • There are approximately 250 local community food pantries, soup kitchens and homeless shelters that receive and distribute these commodities in NH


2 Industrial Park Dr,
Concord, NH 03301


Please contact the TEFAP, Coordinator at 603 225-3295 ext. 1120 or by email at TEFAP@bm-cap.org if you have any questions.

If English is your second language or you have a disability, there are free language assistance or other aids and services available upon request. Please contact us at 603-225-2050 or 1-800-578-2050 or TTY/TDD 1-800-735-2964 so that we can arrange these for you.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: https://www.usda.gov/oascr/how-to-file-a-program-discrimination-complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: 202 690-7442; or
  3. E-mail: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Declaración de No Discriminación

Nondiscrimination Statement